Engineering Enclosed Plastic Roller Drag Cable Chain
Basic parameters of drag chains
1.Material:reinforced nylon. It can stand with high pressure and has good tensile strength,toughness and elasticity ,wearing and falmable resisance.
2.Resistances:It is oil and acceleration is 5m/sec.(specfic speed and acceleration depends on specific).
3.Service life:Under normal conmal condition,5 million reciprocating motions can be reached(which is also related to the operating conditions.)
|Tensile strength||180N/mm2||Volume resistance||1571-1015|
|Impact strength||50Kj/m2||Water Absorption||4%|
|Tenprature range||-40.C-130.C||Friction factor||0.3|
|Surface resistaned||1571-1012||Falme resistance||HB(UL49)|
Characteristics and Applications of Drag chains
1.The product can be used for such locations where repciprocating motions are required so that internally installed cables.oil pipes,gastubes and water tubes can be draged and protected.
2.Each joint of the chain can be opened up so as to facilitate repairs and maintenance.It can also be operated under high speed.
3.The drag chains have already extensively used in digital-controlled machine tools.electronic equipment,machinery for stone windows.moulding injectors,manipulators,lifting and transport equipment and automatic warehouses,etc.
Construction of the drag chains:
1.The appearance of the chain looks like the crawler of a tank consisting of certain number of joints ,The joints of crawler are freely turned round.
2.The same series of chain hsa same inner height and out height and same pitch but the inner herght radius R can be made per different specifications.
3.A unti chain joint is consisting of a left-right chain plate and updown cover.Each chain joint can be piened up so as to facilitate assembly and dismantal without threading.Cables,oil pipes and gaspipes can be put into the drag chain after the cover plate is opened.
4.Spacers are available for use,which are able to divide the space inside the chain into divisions according to requirements.
Installation for cable frag chains:
1.Put a screw driver vertically into the opening hole at both ends of the cover and then open the cover .Put the drag chain for cables and oip pipes according to the instructions provided .Put the cover back.Note that the fixed end and the moving end of a cable should be fixed by using a tension device
2.When used in a long sliding service,it is recommended to use a guiding grove,Please ask our technical personnel about the usage of the guiding grove.
|Feature:||Fire Resistant, Oil Resistant, Heat Resistant|
Can engineering chains be used in agricultural machinery and equipment?
Yes, engineering chains are commonly used in various agricultural machinery and equipment applications. Their robust design and ability to handle heavy loads make them well-suited for the demanding and often harsh conditions in the agricultural industry. Here are some examples of how engineering chains are used in agriculture:
- Combine Harvesters: Engineering chains are utilized in combine harvesters to drive components like the cutter head, reel, and auger. These chains are essential for efficient harvesting and grain collection.
- Tractors: In tractors, engineering chains are employed in power take-off (PTO) systems to transfer power from the engine to different agricultural implements, such as plows, mowers, and tillers.
- Balers: Engineering chains are used in balers to compress and bind crops into bales, facilitating easy storage and transport.
- Seeders and Planters: These machines use engineering chains to distribute seeds or plants evenly in the field, ensuring proper crop spacing and optimal growth.
- Grain Handling Equipment: Engineering chains are integral in grain handling equipment, including bucket elevators, grain conveyors, and grain elevators, facilitating the efficient movement and storage of harvested crops.
The agricultural environment can be challenging, with factors such as dust, debris, and varying weather conditions. Engineering chains used in agricultural machinery are often designed with additional protection against contaminants and corrosion to ensure reliable performance over extended periods.
When selecting engineering chains for agricultural applications, it’s essential to consider factors like load capacity, environmental conditions, maintenance requirements, and the specific needs of each machine. Regular inspection and proper lubrication are crucial to maintain the chains’ performance and extend their service life in agricultural machinery.
What are the factors to consider when selecting an engineering chain for an application?
When selecting an engineering chain for a specific application, several important factors should be taken into consideration:
1. Load Capacity: Determine the maximum load the chain will need to handle in the application. It’s crucial to select a chain with a sufficient load-carrying capacity to ensure safe and reliable operation.
2. Speed: Consider the operating speed of the application. High-speed applications may require special engineering chains designed to handle increased centrifugal forces and reduce wear.
3. Environmental Conditions: Evaluate the environmental factors the chain will be exposed to, such as temperature, humidity, corrosive substances, and contaminants. Choose chains with suitable materials and coatings to withstand these conditions.
4. Lubrication: Determine the lubrication requirements of the chain. Some chains may require regular lubrication, while others are designed to operate with minimal or no additional lubrication.
5. Alignment and Tension: Ensure proper alignment and tensioning of the chain to prevent premature wear and elongation, which can lead to chain failure.
6. Space Limitations: Consider the available space for the chain in the application. Some environments may require compact chain designs to fit within tight spaces.
7. Application Type: Different types of engineering chains are available, each designed for specific applications, such as conveyor systems, power transmission, lifting equipment, or agricultural machinery. Select a chain type that aligns with the application’s requirements.
8. Maintenance: Evaluate the maintenance capabilities of the application. Some chains may require frequent maintenance, while others offer extended maintenance intervals.
9. Cost: Consider the budget for the chain. While cost is important, it’s essential to balance it with the chain’s quality and performance to ensure long-term reliability and reduced downtime.
10. Manufacturer and Quality: Choose engineering chains from reputable manufacturers known for producing high-quality and reliable products.
By carefully considering these factors, engineers and operators can select the most suitable engineering chain for their specific application, ensuring optimal performance, longevity, and safety.
What are the advantages of using an engineering chain in industrial applications?
Engineering chains offer several advantages that make them highly suitable for a wide range of industrial applications:
- Robust and Durable: Engineering chains are built to withstand heavy loads, harsh environmental conditions, and abrasive materials commonly found in industrial settings. Their robust construction ensures long-lasting performance and reduces the frequency of replacements, contributing to cost-effectiveness.
- Versatility: With various types and configurations available, engineering chains are highly versatile. They can be adapted to a wide array of applications, such as material handling, conveyor systems, bucket elevators, and more. Different attachments and accessories further enhance their adaptability for specific tasks.
- Specialized Variants: The market offers a diverse selection of engineering chains with specialty variants designed for specific industries. Whether it’s mining, agriculture, automotive, or food processing, there is likely an engineering chain optimized for the unique demands of each application.
- High Load Capacity: Engineering chains are capable of handling heavy loads, making them suitable for heavy machinery, lifting equipment, and other industrial applications requiring substantial power transmission capabilities.
- Efficient Power Transmission: The design of engineering chains ensures smooth and efficient power transmission, reducing energy losses and improving overall system performance.
- Attachments and Accessories: Many engineering chains come with pre-installed or customizable attachments that enable them to perform specialized tasks. These attachments can include slats, buckets, rollers, and other components, enhancing their ability to carry, grip, or convey materials as needed.
- Reliable Performance: Due to their robust design and precise engineering, these chains provide reliable and consistent performance even under challenging conditions, contributing to increased productivity and reduced downtime.
- Wide Range of Materials: Engineering chains can be manufactured from various materials, including carbon steel, stainless steel, and plastic, allowing for compatibility with different operating environments and industries.
- Cost-Effective Solutions: Despite their higher initial cost compared to standard roller chains, engineering chains often prove to be cost-effective in the long run due to their extended service life and reduced maintenance needs.
In summary, engineering chains offer durability, versatility, and specialized features that make them an excellent choice for industrial applications where reliable and efficient power transmission is essential. Their ability to handle heavy loads, varied environments, and specific tasks sets them apart as a valuable component in numerous industrial processes.
editor by CX 2023-08-14